Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Medical education in the United States and Canada: a report to the Carnegie Foundation for the advancement of teaching.The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, New York1910 (Available at:)
- Institute of hygiene: a report to the General Education Board of Rockefeller Foundation.The Rockefeller Foundation, New York1915
- Nursing and nursing education in the United States. The Rockefeller Foundation, New York1923
- Dental education in the United States and Canada: a report to the Carnegie Foundation for the advancement of teaching.The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, New York1926
- Health professionals for a new century: transforming education to strengthen health systems in an interdependent world.Lancet. 2010; 376 (Available at:): 1923-1958
Beaglehole R, Benzian H, Crail J, et al. Oral health atlas: mapping a neglected global health issue. Cointrin (Switzerland): 2009. Available at: http://issuu.com/myriadeditions/docs/flipbook_oral_health. Accessed December 31, 2013.
Population ageing and development: ten years after Madrid. 2012. Available at: http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/popfacts/popfacts_2012-4.pdf. Accessed December 31, 2013.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General. Oral Health in America: a report of the Surgeon General. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Rockville (MD)2000 (Available at:)
- Institute of Medicine. Improving access to oral health care for vulnerable and underserved populations. Institute of Medicine,
Washington, DC2011 (Available at:)http://www.iom.edu/reports/2011/improving-access-to-oral-health-care-for-vulnerable-and-underserved-populations.aspx
- Institute of Medicine. Advancing oral health in America. Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC2011 (Available at:)
- United States Department of Health and Human Services. National call to action to promote oral health. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Rockville (MD)2003 (Available at:)
- The coming of age for interprofessional education and practice.Am J Med. 2013; 126 (Available at:): 284-288
- World Health Organization Study Group on Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice. Framework for action on interprofessional education and collaborative practice. World Health Organization, Geneva (Switzerland)2010 (Available at:)
- Interprofessional Education Collaborative Expert Panel. Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice: a report of an expert panel. Interprofessional Education Collaborative, Washington, DC2011 (Available at:)
- Institute of Medicine. Educating for the health team. Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC1972
- Institute of Medicine. Executive summary: health professions education: a bridge to quality. Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC2003 (Available at:)
Global forum on innovations in health professional education. Available at: http://www.iom.edu/Activities/Global/InnovationHealthProfEducation.aspx. Accessed December 31, 2013.
- College of Dentistry/College of Nursing partnership.Access. 2009; 23 (21): 18
- Connecting dental education to other health professions.J Dent Educ. 2012; 76: 46-50
- The oral-systemic connection in primary care.Nurse Pract. 2009; 34: 43-48
- NYU3T: teaching, technology, teamwork. A model for interprofessional education scalability and sustainability.Nurs Clin North Am. 2012; 47: 333-346
Geriatric interdisciplinary team training (GITT) program. 2011. Available at: http://hartfordign.org/education/gitt/. Accessed December 13, 2013.
TeamSTEPPS. 2013. Available at: http://teamstepps.ahrq.gov. Accessed December 13, 2013.
- Oral health nursing education and practice program.Nurs Res Pract. 2012; 2012: 149673https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/149673
- The primary care visit? What else could be happening?.Nurs Res Pract. 2012; 2012: 720506https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/720506
National Interprofessional Initiative on Oral Health. Clinicians for oral health. 2011. Available at: http://www.niioh.org. Accessed December 16, 2013.
Clark MB, Douglass AB, Maier R, et al. Smiles for life: a national oral health curriculum. 3rd edition. 2010. Available at: http://elearning.talariainc.com/buildcontent.aspx?tut=555&pagekey=62948&cbreceipt=0. Accessed December 19, 2013.
- Nurse faculty enrichment and competency development in oral-systemic health.Nurs Res Pract. 2012; 2012: 567058https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/567058
- National spending for long-term care.Health Policy Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, DC2007
Long-term care: issues and policy considerations. Available at: http://www.mffh.org/mm/files/FactSheetLTC.pdf. Accessed December 19, 2013.
- Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): an innovative model of integrated geriatric care and financing.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 223-232
- PACE: a model for integrated care of frail older patients. Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly.Geriatrics. 1998; 53: 65-69
PACE innovation act reaches milestone. 2013. Available at: http://www.npaonline.org. Accessed December 19, 2013.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Quick facts about Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, Washington, DC2011 (Available at:)Accessed July 25, 2014)
- National PACE Association. Who, what, and where is PACE?.National PACE Association, Alexandria, VA2014 (Available at:)Accessed July 25, 2014)
- Program of All-inclusive Care (PACE): past, present, and future.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 10 (Available at:): 155-160
Costs of care. Available at: http://longtermcare.gov/costs-how-to-pay/costs-of-care/. Accessed December 19, 2013.
- Carranza’s clinical periodontology.10th edition. Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2006
- Serum antibodies to periodontal pathogens are a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease.Alzheimers Dement. 2012; 8: 196-203
- Tooth loss, dementia and neuropathology in the Nun Study.J Am Dent Assoc. 2007; 138: 1314-1322
- Mouths and brains. Could oral infection be a risk factor for dementia?.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2009; 80: 1184
- Reducing the risk of aspiration pneumonia among elderly patients in long-term care facilities through oral health interventions.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2008; 9: 128-135
- The relationship between periodontitis and diabetes: a brief review.SADJ. 2013; 68: 260-264
- The association between periodontitis and systemic health: an overview.SADJ. 2013; 68 (10–12): 8
- Relationship between number of present teeth and nutritional intake in institutionalized elderly.Bull Tokyo Dent Coll. 2005; 46 (Available at:): 135-143
- Salivary flow rate and risk of malnutrition: a study among dentate, community-dwelling older people.Gerodontology. 2013; 30: 270-275
- Clinician's guide oral health in geriatric patients.3rd edition. American Academy of Oral Medicine, Edmonds, WA2010
- A new era in home care.Semin Nurse Manag. 2000; 8: 143-150
Funding Sources: DentaQuest Foundation (M.C. Dolce).
Conflict of Interest: The authors have nothing to disclose.